Getting RPA right is difficult
Minit helps you avoid common mistakes that often prevent organizations from delivering on the promise of RPA.
Targeting RPA at the wrong processes
Often the wrong processes are tackled because they are very painful for agents, even if they don't offer huge savings.
Not optimizing processes for RPA
Automating a badly functioning process equals wasting the benefit of RPA. Any error becomes a systemic and widespread issue across that business process and data set.
Underestimating what happens after RPA
Robots perform their tasks faster and in much larger scale, causing higher workload and performance peaks and tax the IT infrastructure.
How Minit fits into the RPA lifecycle
Robotic Process Automation is making businesses more efficient by automating repetitive tasks, increasing quality of work, reducing error and risk in business processes. But according to the industry experts: 50% RPA opportunities are currently being missed.
Choose which processes to automate
Choosing which processes to automate is difficult, especially if RPA could benefit multiple departments. Minit can provide a thorough audit of activities done on a daily basis to identify potential candidates.
Use Minit to map processes and determine areas which are repetitive, rules-based high volume, and do not require human judgment, and identify which parts of the process are suitable for automation.
Optimize to avoid automating a faulty process
Automating an inefficient or poorly controlled process will only amplify problems in it. The consistency in the application of RPA means that if you get it wrong errors become systemic and widespread across that business process and data set.
Minit will highlight exceptions, unusual transactions, bottlenecks, deviations, and potential risks in the process, to ensure automated activities are not incomplete or incorrect. Optimizing the process with even small, simple changes usually results in the robot doing a more significant part of the process.
Monitor to ensure it’s working as intended
Despite rigorous testing before deployment, it is only by seeing the robot live in processing that you uncover the unknowns in the production environment. Review the processing and decisions made by the robot, early in deployment and make corrections of rules and logic as necessary.
Analyze event logs generated by the robots with Minit to visualize transactions, identify process inefficiencies, bottlenecks, control and data quality issues and identify to what extent transactions follow their prescribed paths versus the actual paths.
Minit delivers RPA success
Minit provides in-depth analysis and insights into the design of the automated process and post-implementation monitoring.
Target processes with the best return
- Minit helps you assess opportunities and identify the optimal low or medium complexity processes or subprocesses with a minimum of 0.5 FTE savings.
- In complex and critical processes Minit helps you identify the highest value parts.
Optimize so that robots can do more
- Minit detects problems, bottlenecks, and unnecessary steps within the process, to optimize it before RPA implementation.
- Simple changes in the process can allow a robot to do a larger part of the process.
- Identify the ideal process variant to maximize your return on investment.
Assess impact of robots
- Minit will monitor the performance of robots and of the entire process
- Quantify the benefits of RPA optimized process vs. the original.
- Evaluate the RPA impact on jobs that are being performed manually.
- Monitor the impact on the IT infrastructure and information systems as such.
Which processes are suitable
Robotic process automation is helping increase accuracy & efficiency, and dramatically reduce costs in a variety of processes.
- Account closure and opening
- Account audit requests
- Foreign exchange payments
- Claims processing
- Order management
- Material requirements planning system
- Energy consumption and procurement
- Payment protection measures
- Timesheet administration
- Job role change
- Amendment of address details
- On- and off-boarding procedures